- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting and 5+ years’ experience working in financial accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to include mastery of the use of pivot tables, complex formulae and the ability to create functional and efficient spreadsheets from scratch.
- Demonstrated understanding of the major accounting process flows in a service company (Purchase to Pay, Asset Capitalization, Timekeeping to Billing, Billing to Collection).
- The individual must be a self-starter and motivated to be self-sufficient. The individual should already possess a complete understanding of how to operate in all aspects of an accounting system; general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, revenue calculations, travel expenses, billing and US GAAP-based financial statements.
- The individual must be analytical, curious and observant.
- The individual must have recently worked the accounting department of a government contractor and have worked directly with accounting for large or complex Cost-Plus Fixed Fee or Cost-Plus Incentive Fee type contracts. The individual should be able to demonstrate their knowledge of accounting for Cost-Plus contracts by describing the revenue calculations applicable to such contracts and the general categories of cost (e.g. Direct Labor, Travel, Other Direct Cost, Overhead, G&A, Fee).
- The individual must have prior experience and detailed knowledge of the Federal and Joint Travel Regulations sufficient to review employee travel expense reports and identify inadequate supporting documentation and non-compliance with the aforementioned regulations.
- Experience with JAMIS ERP is highly preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Certified Public Accountant.
SCCI is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the needs of employees and their families. EOE of Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabilities.